On Saturday, May 13, the team of the Plava laguna tourist group (Plava laguna dd and Istraturist Umag dd) presented employment opportunities in Istrian destinations in two Osijek locations – on Ante Starčević Square and in the Portanova center. These are companies that employ a total of about 3 workers, and for the peak season itself, jobs are being offered for another 200 seasonal workers.”The Blue Lagoon Group annually employs about 2.000 thousand seasonal workers. Most of them have been employed since the Easter holidays, and about 200 jobs are still open. The companies Plava laguna and Istraturist operate in Istria and offer quality opportunities for acquiring work skills, gathering work experience and meeting interesting people. Jobs have been created in Poreč and Umag, accommodation and three meals a day are at the employer’s expense, and in addition to a secure and regular salary, incentives for work in July and August have been provided. “, say the Blue Lagoon group, adding that they need about 200 more seasonal workers, from waiters, chefs and other support staff.The fact that we already have a large number of seasonal workers who return to us from year to year speaks volumes about the quality of work in the Blue Lagoon. On the contrary, this year 78 new contracts were concluded for permanent seasonal workers, who are actually workers with a permanent contract, but in practice they usually work for less than twelve months while their length of service and pension insurance are paid throughout the year. This year we have invested in an additional 300 beds for personal accommodation, with a continuous increase in quality for existing accommodation. e hereIf you are looking for a seasonal job, apply for a job in the Blue Lagoon here
Allen & Overy has confirmed it will increase the maintenance grant it awards for future trainees taking the legal practice course (LPC) – the last of the magic circle firms to do so.The firm said its grant will be increased by 43%, from £7,000 to £10,000. It will be backdated to the January 2018 LPC class.Claire Wright, graduate recruitment partner at A&O, said the increase is in ‘recognition of the fact that living costs have increased and as part of our overall commitment to social mobility’.She added: ‘We have a responsibility to ensure our profession is attractive and accessible to talented people who have the potential to succeed. We don’t want financial considerations to be a barrier to entry.’Last week Slaughter and May and Linklaters signified their intention to increase the grant from £7,000 to £10,000. Earlier this year, Clifford Chance and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer also boosted the grants by the same amount.All five magic circle firms cover LPC course fees.
Share The Layou River overflowed it’s banks during the trough system in April, 2013Today, Saturday, November 30, 2013 marks the official end of the 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season.According to a 2013 Hurricane season summary posted on the Dominica Meteorological Service’s official website, the 2013 season “was remarkably quiet with the formation of thirteen (13) Named Storms and two (2) Hurricanes”.The island was affected by only one storm for the entire season, Tropical Storm Chantal damaging the road networks, housing and agricultural sectors. Some utility companies also reported some level of damage in July.Acting program officer at the Office of Disaster Management (ODM), Steve Joseph has advised however, that although the official season ends today, citizens should not let their guards down in light of the change in climate activities.“It is only the official close of the season, it doesn’t mean that we are totally out of the woods, this is not exact science so we don’t want people just putting on their guards totally,” Joseph said in an interview with Dominica Vibes on Friday, November 29.“We could certainly be hit by an event outside of the official hurricane season but here at the Office of Disaster we look at comprehensive disaster management as a year round event,” he continued.Joseph further warned that the country must always be prepared to face disasters at any time.He noted that the trough system which claimed the lives of two footballers in April, 2013, before the hurricane season commenced, should serve as a warning to all Dominicans.“We cannot just put our guards down because the official season comes to a close, we have to be more vigilant with the changing of the climate that we could be impacted with just rain in Dominica”.Severe rainfall has in the past caused flooding in some villages; Massacre and St Joseph and landslides that affects some of the more vulnerable communities.He added that preparation for the 2014 Atlantic season has already begun; ODM is currenlty assessing disaster shelters across the island to ensure that the island is better prepared to weather any storm.“We do not wait until the last hour before the season would open in 2014 to begin to look at those things, we want to address them much earlier”.He called on citizens to also take a leaf from that approach “to make sure that it’s a continuous thing even outside of the hurricane season that we are considering preparedness activities”.Dominica Vibes News 33 Views no discussions Share Tweet Sharing is caring! LocalNews 2013 hurricane season officially ends by: – November 30, 2013 Share
Outer dimensions: 47.25” x 24” x 24” Opening: 33.5” x 13.8” Frame: 0.8” x 0.8”extruded aluminum supports Shielding: 2 layers of conductive fabric Seal: conductive Velcro tape Suspension: Velcro strips Filter panel: 1 x 240V/10A AC filter; IEC socket 2 x 240V/10A DC filter; cables with female Banana couplers 3 x N- female feed through connector with screw caps 1 x BNC-female feed through connector Attenuation: >58 dB in the range DC to 1.5 GHz Weight: 23.75lb Applications include: wireless device testing, EMC pre-compliance testing, secure communications, satellite communications, medical equipment shielding, operator safety, etc.Click here to see shielded test enclosures from the leading manufacturers. Saelig has introduced the TekBox TBST120/60/60/2 Shielded Tent, providing an economical RF/EMI-attenuated environment for a variety of bench-top “EMI quiet” applications. The new TBST-120/60/60/2 is a compact shielded tent, designed to suppress interference from ambient noise during EMC pre-compliance measurements. With outer dimension of 4’ x 2’ x 2’ it can accommodate pre-compliance test equipment such as LISNs or TEM-cells or others as well as the device under test, yet easily fit on a test bench.The Saelig TBST120/60/60/2 has been designed with two layers of conductive fabric, suspended on rigid aluminum supports; the double-layer design significantly improving the tent’s shielding effectiveness. A filter panel mounted at the side provides one 240V/10A AC filter, two 240V/10A DC filters, and four coaxial feed through adapters with screw caps. The front opening provides access to the test space and is closed using conductive hook-and-loop tape in order to avoid compromising the shielding efficacy.When measuring the conducted noise spectrum of a powered device being tested in an unshielded setup, conducted noise to be measured is often hidden below the ambient noise level, making accurate measurements impossible without eliminating the interference.Specifications
“Don’t deport Haitians from the US”On Tuesday, the North Miami City Council, on the initiative of Mayor Dr. Smith Joseph passed an emergency resolution urging other Florida cities, and counties, to have the Obama Administration reconsider the recently announced policy to recommence deportation of undocumented Haitians living in the US.Since the 2010 earthquake that devastated Haiti, killing and injuring thousands, the US government has been lenient in accepting undocumented Haitians fleeing the country into the US.When President Obama assumed office for his second term in 2012, he has extended Temporary Protective Status (TPS) for undocumented Haitians allowing them to live and work in the US, the latest extension of TPS is scheduled to expire in July 2017.The current stance taken by the US precludes Haitians currently protected by TPS from being deported unless they are convicted of serious crimes or pose a national security threat.However, recently the Obama administration announced while TPS would remain in effect until 2017, the administration will be more vigilant in deporting Haitians fleeing to the US from Haiti.In making the announcement, the US Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said conditions have improved significantly in Haiti since the earthquake “to allow the US government to expel undocumented Haitians on a more regular basis, in line with the practice used for nationals of other countries.”According to Homeland Security, an increasing number of Haitians have been attempting to enter the US from Haiti with most showing up at the California border, travelling from Haiti via Central America and Mexico. The Department said some 5,000 Haitians were stopped from crossing the border in San Diego, California since October 2015, compared to 339 the previous year. Meanwhile, over 500 Haitians are in shelters at the California border waiting appointment with US immigration officials to enter the US. Should the new policy be implemented, hundreds of Haitians arriving at the US borders could be turned back as is the case of people currently fleeing from Central America.Homeland Security said, nonetheless, if US Citizenship and Immigration Services officers believe those arriving Haitians have a “credible fear” of persecution in Haiti, the officers can take the decision to have them enter and remain in the US pending appearance before an immigration judge for asylum or other relief.The announcement by the Obama administration is sternly opposed by Haitian communities in the US, including the large South Florida community. Most of these Haitians believe circumstances in Haiti have not sufficiently improved since the earthquake to justify recommencing deportation of Haitians from the US.The City of North Miami’s resolution also appeals to the US Conference of Mayors, to join North Miami in getting the Obama administration to cease the deportations.With one of the largest Haitian communities in the US, increase in deportations could seriously impact residents of North Miami. City Pastor, Josephe Dugan, who despite migrating from Haiti in 2005 still visits the homeland frequently. He said, “Haiti is still in recovery mode from the earthquake and any significant deportation of Haitians will only impose on the hardships the country still endures.”Mayor Joseph also said, “Conditions in Haiti are certainly far from stable to justify the US embarking on a policy of deporting Haitians back to Haiti.”
Gary Kubiak remains the offensive coordinator for now, but the Ravens can read the writing on the wall.With the 53-year-old off to Denver to interview for the Broncos’ vacant head coaching position on Sunday, head coach John Harbaugh has to think Kubiak won’t be able to pass on the opportunity to return to the organization with which he spent 20 years as a player and assistant coach. It was always going to take a unique opportunity to entice Kubiak to leave the Ravens, and that’s exactly what was presented when the Broncos parted ways with head coach John Fox less than 24 hours after Kubiak announced his intentions to stay in Baltimore.Assuming Kubiak is on the way out in taking his dream job, where will the Ravens turn to find their fourth offensive coordinator in the last four years?With quarterback Joe Flacco arguably having the finest regular season of his career and the Ravens setting franchise records for points scored and total yards, continuity is ideal and no one would provide more of it than quarterbacks coach Rick Dennison being promoted to offensive coordinator. It won’t be an easy sell as his ties to Kubiak and Denver are strong and many expect him to be the top candidate to serve as the new Broncos offensive coordinator if Kubiak is hired.But Harbaugh should sell the 56-year-old Dennison on the idea of escaping Kubiak’s shadow to establish himself as a potential head coaching candidate. Instead of going to Denver and facing an uncertain situation with Peyton Manning on his last legs or even having to start over with a new quarterback, Dennison knows he could continue working with Flacco — with whom he shares a good relationship — and an offensive line that’s a perfect fit for the zone-blocking schemes he would continue to employ.It doesn’t hurt for Harbaugh to remind Dennison that — assuming Kubiak takes the Denver job — the last two Ravens offensive coordinators will have become head coaches after only one full season on the job. It would be a unique opportunity to establish himself as someone other than Kubiak’s right-hand man.The Ravens would be promoting a man with plenty of experience as an NFL offensive coordinator as he served in that capacity under Mike Shanahan in Denver from 2006-2008 and with Kubiak in Houston from 2010-2013.The biggest key for the Ravens maintaining the offensive momentum created in 2014 will be finding a coordinator whose system fits well with the methods the offensive line employed after a disastrous 2013 campaign. Dennison wouldn’t figure to change too much if he does remain in Baltimore and appears to be the only viable in-house candidate as tight ends coach Brian Pariani has just one year of experience as an offensive coordinator at the collegiate level and it came with a 2005 Syracuse team that went 1-10.If Dennison does head to Denver to become Kubiak’s offensive coordinator, the Ravens could take another long look at Kyle Shanahan, whom they interviewed last offseason when Jim Caldwell left to become the head coach of the Detroit Lions. His ties to Kubiak also make him a candidate to wind up as the Broncos offensive coordinator, but he left a positive impression with the Ravens last year and could jump at the chance to work with Flacco and such a solid offensive line.His post-2013 dismissal as part of his father’s staff in Washington was difficult and he had to work with mediocre quarterback play in Cleveland as the Browns offensive coordinator this past year, but Shanahan ran successful offenses in Houston as well as in Robert Griffin’s rookie season in 2012. The 35-year-old is perceived by some as having a bigger ego than his résumé justifies, but his offensive philosophies would figure to mesh well with what Kubiak and Dennison started in 2014.Of course, the Ravens face key personnel decisions with running back Justin Forsett, wide receiver Torrey Smith, and tight end Owen Daniels becoming free agents and the future of tight end Dennis Pitta unclear, but they’d like to avoid blowing up the foundation established in 2014.If Kubiak does leave, persuading Dennison to stay or bringing in Shanahan appear to be the best ways to continue building in the same direction.
Advertisement 76koNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs7fw55Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eplv28( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) zqr2Would you ever consider trying this?😱93dCan your students do this? 🌚901Roller skating! Powered by Firework England all-rounder Moeen Ali differs with coach Trevor Bayliss and believes turning up the stump microphones could curb sledging in cricket. West Indies fast bowler Shannon Gabriel was banned for four one-day internationals on Wednesday after found guilty of ‘personal abuse’ aimed at England skipper Joe Root in the St Lucia test.Advertisement It follows a similar four-match ban on Sarfraz Ahmed after stump microphones caught the Pakistan captain’s on-field rant at South Africa all-rounder Andile Phehlukwayo during a one-dayer in Durban last month.Moeen Ali believes stump mics should be used to catch out sledgers.“It’s time for people to behave themselves,” Moeen said before flying to West Indies for the five-match ODI series beginning at Bridgetown on Wednesday.Advertisement “Turn the stump mics up. Why turn them down? So people can swear? There is no reason to get personal.“… it’s the way society is: things come out of people’s mouths. You’re not going to get away with it now. You have to be careful.”Advertisement The 31-year-old’s view contrasts that of Bayliss who advocates turning down the microphones to protect players.“I’ve said it once before, no I’m not in favour of it and I’m not going to change my mind,” Bayliss said before Gabriel’s ban was announced.“I think (stump mics) should be down. I know there are people who think the opposite and think it is good for the game but sometimes in the heat of battle things are said, when guys given a bit of time to sit down and think about it would give themselves a bit of a kick up the backside.”Moeen, who in his autobiography claimed being called ‘Osama’ by an unidentified Australia player during the 2015 Ashes series, said turning up the microphones could also catch harmless, entertaining banter between players.“Imagine all the legendary old stories, if we had them recorded,” Moeen said.“We can do the same now. It doesn’t have to be swearing. Keep it funny. We want people to be attracted to the game. There’s brilliant ways to sledge.” Advertisement