Alan Cumming(Photo: Bruce Glikas) A slate of three exciting new works has been announced to comprise the 2018-2019 season of off-Broadway’s Vineyard Theatre. The lineup includes a pair of New York premieres and a previously announced world premiere co-production with The New Group starring Alan Cumming.Artistic Directors Douglas Aibel and Sarah Stern said, “We are thrilled to announce a season of extraordinary premiere plays by some of most exciting new voices in the theatre—Ngozi Anyanwu, Jeremy O. Harris and Mara Nelson-Greenberg—all making their Vineyard mainstage debuts. Their plays wrestle with complex themes—the process of grief, the mysteries of connection, the power of imagination, the erosion of empathy—in compelling, funny and potent ways.”Kicking off the season will be the New York premiere of Ngozi Anyanwu’s Good Grief, directed by Awoye Timpo. The play follows Nkechi, a first-generation Nigerian-American, as she navigates Pennsylvania’s suburbs alongside her childhood crush, would-be-philosopher brother and immigrant parents. The production will begin performances in fall 2018 at the Vineyard’s East 15th Street venue.The Vineyard season will also include the New York premiere of Mara Nelson-Greenberg’s dark comedy Do You Feel the Anger?, directed by Margot Bordelon. The play centers on Sofia, who is hired as an empathy coach at a debt collection agency. Do You Feel the Anger? will begin performances in spring 2019 at the Vineyard.The centerpiece of the Vineyard season will be Jeremy O. Harris’ world premiere play “Daddy,” a previously announced co-production with The New Group, set to begin performances in February 2019 at the Pershing Square Signature Center. Tony winner Alan Cumming will star. Set in the L.A. hills, Franklin, a young artist, finds himself seduced by wealthy “daddy” André (Cumming). Their erotic connection deepens from a naughty fetish to an irresistible bond, but when Franklin’s Christian mother decides that her son is in peril, she enters into a deeply moving battle of wills with André over the soul of their baby boy. Danya Taymor will direct.The Vineyard Theatre is dedicated to developing and producing bold new plays and musicals by both emerging and established artists. The theater is committed to creating an artistic home for daring and diverse artists and to nurturing their unique voices. Show Closed This production ended its run on Nov. 18, 2018 Related Shows Good Grief View Comments
The World Health Organization (WHO) today reported three Ebola cases in Guinea, one of which is new, while a UK nurse is showing promising signs of recovery after nearly dying from meningitis caused by a relapse—not a re-infection—of the virus, hospital officials said.Sierra Leone, meanwhile, has now gone 5 weeks with no new cases, the WHO said in its weekly update.No registered contacts in 2 casesOne of the new patients in Guinea is in the capital, Conakry, while the other two are in Forecariah district, where some of the most recent cases have been detected. The case in Conakry and one of the other cases were reported by the media on Oct 16.As noted then, the Conakry patient, a 21-year-old man, is not part of a known transmission chain. And genomic analyses suggest he was not infected with the virus strain responsible for the most recent cases in Conakry and Forecariah, the WHO said today.The WHO also reported that the newly reported case, which was detected only during post-mortem testing, also was not a known contact of any previously reported case. “Therefore there remains a near-term risk of further cases among both registered and untraced contacts,” the agency said.The fatal case involved a 35-year-old woman, and genetic analysis showed she is part of the same chain of transmission as the four cases reported in Forecariah in the WHO’s Sep 30 update. Guinea had gone more than 2 weeks between those cases and the two reported last week.The third case is the 3-month-old child of the dead woman. Officials are monitoring 246 contacts in Guinea, 70 of whom are considered high risk. The WHO said an additional 253 contacts identified in the past 6 weeks remain untraced.Sierra Leone has now gone 5 weeks without a case, and all contacts linked to its two most recently active transmission chains have completed 21 days of follow-up. As well, the last patient to receive treatment was confirmed free of Ebola virus after a second consecutive test on Sep 25 was negative. Two high-risk contacts, however—one in Bombali and one in Kambia—remain untraced, and officials are still trying to locate them.The country will be declared free of the disease on Nov 7 if no further cases are reported.Signs of improvement after meningitisIn related news, Pauline Cafferkey, the Scottish nurse who contracted Ebola last December in West Africa before recovering in late January, came close to death from meningitis caused by the virus, her doctors said today. Her condition, though, has now improved enough for her to converse, use an iPad, and sit up in bed, The Guardian reported today.BBC News reported that Michael Jacobs, MD, who is treating Cafferkey at the Royal Free Hospital in London, said, “Pauline has become unwell by meningitis caused by the Ebola virus. But to be very clear about this, she hasn’t been re-infected with the Ebola virus.”This is the original Ebola virus that she had many months ago, which has been lying inside the brain, replicating at a very low level probably, and has now re-emerged to cause this clinical illness of meningitis. And this is obviously a serious thing.”Neurologic complications due to meningitis caused life-threatening disease while Cafferkey was being treated at the specialist isolation unit at Royal Free, Jacobs said. “I think she has a long recovery ahead of her and will be with us for quite a while still.”See also:Oct 21 WHO updateOct 16 CIDRAP News story “Guinea reports two more Ebola cases; review sheds light on CNS complications”Oct 21 Guardian storyOct 21 BBC News report
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: The festive season is here. It is Christmas and New Year Time. In Christmas, the song, “Tis the season to be jolly, lalalalala” is being sung by a majority of people. However, Virat Kohli, the Indian cricket team skipper celebrated Christmas in a very special way. Kohli spent his christmas celebrations with children in a Kolkata shelter home and the celebrations will warm the hearts of each and every individual in the country. In a video shared by Star Sports, the nearly three-minute video opens up with a visual of a children’s shelter home in Kolkata. In the video, there are plenty of kids who are saying what they want for Christmas.Some kids wanted to meet their favorite superheroes like Spiderman, Batman while others are saying their favorite list of sportspersons. PV Sindhu, Cristiano Ronaldo and Virat Kohli are some of the names that they mention. However, little do the kids know that Kohli was watching the video on his Ipad and when one kid mentions why he liked Kohli, the kid remarked, “I like his beard.” Hearing that, Kohli breaks into guffaws.The very next day, the kids are given a surprise when the children home staff show the video of their demands. Some of the kids are embarrassed. Unknown to the kids, at the same time, Kohli comes in dressed as Santa Claus. He comes with a big trolley of gifts and said, “I know some of you have been naughty but I also know what everyone wants for Christmas.” One of the staff then says, “All the superheroes are currently on holiday. But, do you want to see Kohli?” The kids shout yes.Kohli, dressed as Santa, says, “I will make you meet Kohli.” He removes his disguise and when the kids find out it is Kohli, they are incredibly happy and they rush in to give Kohli a big hug. They then proceed to open the gifts. Kohli then remarks, “These moments are really special in my life. All these kids cheer for us all year long. I had great time bringing joy to all these kids. A merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all of you.” This was part of Star Sports’ advertisement wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.Also Read | India Aim To End Decade On A High In Cuttack Shoot-Out Vs West IndiesKohli is currently in Cuttack for the third and final ODI and India will be hoping to win the series and register their 10th straight bilateral series win against the West Indies. They will also be hoping to end the decade in grand style.
(7802) × Mail Share Displayed poorly Shop Now Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. × DEAL OF THE DAY FOX Sports: Stream live NFL, College Footbal… 50PC Disposable Face MàSc/Mack Anti-Dust … Other Report a problem This item is… Other Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Not relevant ENDS IN ENDS IN Inappropriate / Offensive $15.29$17.99 Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. ENDS IN Displayed poorly Shares Not relevant Bestseller × (34271) Inappropriate / Offensive Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Add Comments (Max 320 characters) $0.00 Report a problem This item is… Other (657) Ads by Amazon Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Report a problem This item is… Not relevant ENDS IN Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Inappropriate / Offensive (2) ENDS IN Bestseller $49.95 Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extr… The League Displayed poorly $37.99 Not relevant Report a problem This item is… Not relevant Inappropriate / Offensive LocalSportsJournal.comBrandon Rake’s double-double helped lead the Whitehall boys basketball team past Shelby, 52-35, in West Michigan Conference action Thursday.Rake finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds and added four blocks in the game.The Vikings built a 27-21 halftime lead before pulling away with a 25-14 second half.Terrell Harris added 11 points as Whitehall improved to 3-0 overall and 2-0 in conference play.Shelby’s Tristan Landis scored 12 points while Tyler Schouten added nine. The Tigers fall to 0-3, 0-2. Inappropriate / Offensive Not relevant Bestseller DEAL OF THE DAY ENDS IN Twelve Other DEAL OF THE DAY $0.00 Inappropriate / Offensive Add Comments (Max 320 characters) $9.99 Report a problem This item is… $0.00 Other Share DEAL OF THE DAY (822) Not relevant Report a problem This item is… × Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. (17612) × DEAL OF THE DAY Displayed poorly × Fox Sports Go Inappropriate / Offensive Bestseller Displayed poorly Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Inappropriate / Offensive ENDS IN DEAL OF THE DAY Bestseller Report a problem This item is… $14.99$18.00 Not relevant ENDS IN Other Add Comments (Max 320 characters) DEAL OF THE DAY Other Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. (117) × DEAL OF THE DAY × Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Report a problem This item is… NBC Sports MIRITY Women Racerback Sports Bra… Displayed poorly Bestseller Bestseller Displayed poorly Displayed poorly Other (31628) Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Bestseller Ads by Amazon
KINGSTOWN, St Vincent, CMC – All-rounder Imran Khan stroked his second half-century in as many outings while tail-ender Khary Pierre struck his second first class fifty, as they rescued Trinidad and Tobago Red Force in an unbroken century stand, on the opening day of their ninth round encounter against Windward Islands Volcanoes. Opting to bat first here Thursday, Red Force made a terrific recovery following a nightmare start, to end the day at the Arnos Vale Stadium on 254 for six.Their innings lay in ruins at 114 for six after lunch but Pierre carved out an unbeaten 80 and Imran Khan finished on 71 not out, to guide the visitors to safety.The pair have so far posted 140 for the partnership which frustrated Volcanoes after Test seamer Sherman Lewis had gotten through the middle order with three for 54. There was no sign of the collapse to come when Jeremy Solozano (24) and Joshua Da Silva (14) put on 32 for the opening wicket.But seamer Ray Jordan trapped Da Silva lbw in the seventh over before new-ball seamer Josh Thomas accounted for Tion Webster (3) cheaply in the next over, to leave Red Force on 35 for two.Yannic Cariah, who made 36, then tried to repair the innings in a 28-run, third wicket partnership with Solozano, who struck two fours in a 49-ball before becoming one of three wickets to tumble for four runs in the space of 15 deliveries. In a devastating burst, Lewis claimed Solozano hit wicket and then bowled Jason Mohammed two balls later without scoring, before knocking over captain Denesh Ramdin also without scoring in his next over as Red Force crashed to 67 for five.Still in danger on 85 for five at lunch, Red Force were revived in a 47-run, sixth wicket stand between Imran Khan and Cariah, which kept Volcanoes without immediate further success.Left-arm spinner Kavem Hodge then got the breakthrough when he had Cariah caught at short leg, after the left-hander had faced 79 deliveries and counted two fours and a six. Any thoughts Volcanoes harboured of wrapping up the Red Force innings cheaply were then dashed as Imran Khan, unbeaten on 38 at tea with Pierre on 36, carried their side safely to 173 for six at the second interval, before dominating the final session.Pierre faced 185 deliveries and cracked seven fours and three sixes while Imran Khan stroked three boundaries in his 201-ball innings.
Submit Vbet sponsors AS Monaco as Ligue 1 kicks off new season August 24, 2020 Share FDJ’s ParionsSport launches sponsorship programme for French amateur football August 24, 2020 Winamax maintains Granada CF sponsorship despite bleak Spanish outlook August 19, 2020 French online gambling operator Betclic Everest Group (Betclic) is set to close its online poker room Everest Poker according to reports.Under the management of Mangas Gaming Group, Betclic had acquired the stand-alone poker room for $100 million from former Everest Poker owners Giga Media in 2009.At the time of its acquisition, Betclic governance wanted to enter the fast growth online poker market by creating a challenger brand to market leaders PokerStars and Full Tilt.Having acquired Everest Poker, Mangas Gaming spent millions marketing the brand internationally to poker players, with the poker room sponsoring the 2010 World Series of Poker.Nevertheless, Everest Poker’s lofty ambitions were quickly dampened as new gaming regulations entered its core markets, and its operations were heavily impacted by higher costs and lower player values.Terminating Everest Poker, BetClic Group governance are reported to be focusing on its flagship brand BetClic as the company prepares for the start of UEFA Euro 2016 in France.BetClic is set to begin the migration of Everest Poker players to BetClic poker on 31 May, the operator will migrate all account balances, VIP profiles and loyalty/reward points. StumbleUpon Share Related Articles