Stuti Dalal receiving her award at this weekend’s Greater Kansas City Science and Engineering Fair. Photo via Twitter.Two Shawnee Mission West students will advance to the Kansas BioGENEius Challenge finals later this year after taking Grand Awards in the Greater Kansas City Science and Engineering Fair over the weekend.Register to continue
Two international firms in Venezuela have indicated that they have no plans to cease practising in the country, despite high profile exits from the troubled South American nation.The Gazette understands that both Clyde & Co and Baker McKenzie will continue to operate and have no plans to leave. In the past year both Hogan Lovells and Norton Rose Fulbright have left.Venezuela has been ravaged by hyper-inflation and food shortages and its currency, the Bolivar, has been rendered near worthless. Further, the US and more than 20 other nations have recognised president Nicolas Maduro’s opposition Juan Guaidó as interim president.Hogan Lovells announced its departure from Caracas in May last year and last week Norton Rose Fulbright also departed citing ’challenging market conditions’.Norton Rose’s base in the country was snapped up by international behemoth Dentons which said it had agreed to create Despacho de Abogados miembros de Dentons, S.C.
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP):The running joke between Dalilah Muhammad and some of her competitors goes like this: She orders the wet conditions. Because she reigns in the rain.On a drizzly Sunday night, Muhammad broke a 16-year-old world record in the 400m hurdles by finishing in 52.20 seconds at the US Championships.“I’m just shocked,” Muhammad said. “I broke the world record.”With puddles formed on the track, the defending Olympic champion sloshed her way around the track to eclipse the mark of 52.34 set by Yuliya Pechonkina of Russia on August 8, 2003.Running out of the fourth lane, Muhammad didn’t let the raindrops deter her. She looked at her time and was almost taken aback.No way that can be real, right?It was.Muhammad smiled, briefly put her hands on her hips and then slumped down when her time flashed on the screen at Drake Stadium. Third-place finisher Ashley Spencer emphatically celebrated behind her and teenager Sydney McLaughlin came over to hug Muhammad after finishing second.It was also lightly raining when Muhammad won the Olympic gold at the 2016 Rio Games. Her competitors might want to start looking at the weather reports for the Tokyo Games, which are a year away.“Ashley said, ‘You’re the one that brings the rain,’” the 29-year-old Muhammad cracked. “I don’t know what it is.”In workouts, Muhammad has often been on world-record pace.She put it all together for real.To think, Muhammad fell in a training session two weeks ago and suffered a mild concussion. She missed three days of workouts to heal.She lost none of her speed. Then again, the level of the competition brought out the best in her.Muhammad believes the mark may not last too long. It may even fall again at the World Championships this fall in Doha, Qatar. Defending world champion Kori Carter didn’t even compete at nationals in the event since she has an automatic bye into worlds.“That 52 is going to get broke,” Muhammad said. “If not by me, by the other women.”McLaughlin finished in 52.88.
Everton are set to make an official offer for Napoli forward Hirving Lozano ‘in the next few hours’ as their summer spending spree continues. That’s according to CalcioMercato journalist Daniele Longo, who says the Blues will ‘formulate an official offer’ for the Mexican.That is the extent of the information he’s willing to provide at present, failing to offer up whether the offer will be for a permanent transfer or a loan, and if it is the former, what sort of money they would be offering.The interest in Lozano is nothing new of course, with Everton having been linked with making a move for various reasons.Embed from Getty ImagesChief among them is Carlo Ancelotti, who is known to be a big fan of the Mexican having pushed for Napoli to sign him when he was in charge of the Italian club.There is also Marcel Brands, Everton’s Director of Football, who is the man that brought Lozano to Europe with PSV Eindhoven and another admirer of his talents.Those two, plus Everton’s need for a right-winger, meant a move made complete sense, and for several months there have been rumours that Goodison Park could be Lozano’s next destination should Napoli decide to sell following his disappointing first year at the club.It seems they are now ready to make that interest into something more official and try to lure him away from Naples this summer. However, should they do so, they are likely to face resistance. Il Mattino reported yesterday that Everton had already seen a tentative enquiry knocked back and Gennaro Gattuso has changed his mind about the Mexican and decided to keep him.That rumour made it clear that Napoli are not interested in a sale, although owner Aurelio De Laurentiis recently declared that they would now always accept good offers for their players, regardless of how long they’ve been at the club.Those comments would suggest no player is un-sellable if the right money is offered, something Everton, who’ve been splashing the cash, may be able to provide.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameIf You Like to Play, this City-Building Game is a Must-Have. No Install.Forge of Empires – Free Online GameUndoTip ParentsBaby Keeps Waking Up With Scratches, Mom Checks Camera And Calls CopsTip ParentsUndoDBS”I had S$9 left in my bank account”DBSUndoWealthMastery.asiaThis Singaporean Couple is Disrupting A $3 Trillion IndustryWealthMastery.asiaUndoDaily Sport XShe Was A Legendary Actress – Today She Works 9 To 5Daily Sport XUndoRich HousesCosplay Costumes That Went A Little Too FarRich HousesUndoNessa HearingPeople in Singapore Born Before 1965 Eligible for Free Hearing Aid TrialNessa HearingUndoBeach RaiderMom Delivers Triplets – Dad Takes Closer Look And Bursts Into TearsBeach RaiderUndoFree HubThe 15 Most Beautiful Women in the WorldFree HubUndo
Barcelona’s Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez has cut off contact with all clubs that are interested in him. The reason for this decision is that the footballer still has a valid contract with the Catalan club.Suarez has informed his manager to reject any calls from different teams. Interest in the striker is not small, as Inter, Juventus, Leicester, Inter Miami and others are closely monitoring his situation in Barcelona.A few days ago, Suarez was informed by the new coach of the team Ronald Koeman that he does not fall into his plans for the new season.However, the Uruguayan is expected to appear in the first training session with Barça for the new season on Monday. Follow us anywhere and anytime with the mobile application of Gong.bg. You can download it from Google Play, App Store and AppGallery.
SOUTHAMPTON, England, CMC – West Indies captain Jason Holder has admitted to a selection headache for the Ageas Bowl opening Test but says it is a good problem to have. Pointed out that the 15-man squad had been outstanding over the last four weeks of preparation, Holder said yesterday it had been difficult to settle on an XI before the morning of today’s first day.“We’re still tinkering around with a few combinations,” the top-ranked Test all-rounder told reporters via Zoom.