New Delhi: Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Sunday met Union Home Minister Amit Shah and sought Rs 2,000 crore as urgent relief for the flood-affected state. Speaking to reporters, he said the Centre has assured that a decision on providing assistance from the National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF) will be taken after a central team, which is assessing the extent of damage in the state, submits its report in the next two-three days. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra Singh “We have demanded Rs 2,000 crore central assistance for flood relief. We have resource constraint. Despite all, the state government has released about Rs 1,000 crore so far. Release of central funds will ease the burden on us,” Yeddyurappa told reporters here. Most likely a decision on this matter will be taken after the prime minister returns to India, he added. Shah has assured that flood relief and other emergency works will not be affected in the state as they have been exempted from the purview of the poll code, according to Yeddyurappa. Bypolls in the state will be held on October 21. Karnataka deputy chief ministers Ashwath Narayan and Laxman Savadi and home minister Basavaraj Bommai were also present in the meeting. The state government has estimated Rs 38,451 crore damage due to the floods in the state.
Gurugram: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday evening released the first list that consisted of 78 candidates.The long process of multiple discussions, the unhappiness of top leaders and repeated delays in releasing the list became evident after the Saffron Party took a bold step of not repeating most of their winning candidates. The biggest testimony of this came fro the list of South Haryana seats that consisted the names of BJP candidates from the three Vidhan Sabha seats of Gurugram namely Badshahpur, Sohna. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: JavadekarIn these seats, the BJP has not repeated any of its winning candidates. What proved to be even more shocking for the observers and experts was that BJP did not have the name of Rao Narbir Singh who had won the Badshapur seat in 2014 with the huge margin of 86,000 votes. One of the veteran leaders of Haryana politics Rao Narbir moved from Congress party to BJP in 2013. After winning from Badshahpur he was given a post of a cabinet minister in the Haryana government and was handling the ministries of PWD, Forest, Architecture and Civil aviation. Also Read – Union min Hardeep Singh Puri, Delhi L-G lay foundation stones for various projects in DwarkaSuch was the confidence of the minister that he had already begun campaigning from his constituency. All, however, may not be lost for Rao Narbir as his name may figure among the 12 nominees that the BJPis expected to release soon. He will be replaced by Manish Yadav. Yadav who was earlier heading Bhartiya Yuva Jan Morcha (BYJM) is an old party worker of BJP from Gurugram. The saffron party also Tejpal Tanwar who had won Sohna seat with Sanjay Singh and Bimla Chaudhury who had won Pataudi seat with Satyapraksh Jarawata. In Nuh and Ferozpur Jhirka the saffron party has given tickets to Zakir Hussain and Naseem Ahmad. Both of the candidates who had won the seat in 2014 also from Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) had moved to BJP. The surprise was also in-store from the Faridabad seat where BJP did not renew the ticket to its industries minister and MLA from Faridabad Vipul Goel, he will be replaced by Narendra Gupta who is again a long-time party worker. “The party is like a mother. The party workers must realize that no matter how much they rise and whatever their stature is they can never rise above their mother,” said Raman Malik the BJP Haryana spokesperson.