RelatedMinistry of Agriculture & Fisheries to host another series of Farmers’ Market across the country FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail The Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries (MoA&F)is to host another series of Farmers’ Market in six (6) parishes across the country this Friday, March 4, 2011 at the following locations: MoA&F football field – St. Andrew; Trinity AIBGA – St. Mary; RADA Mandeville office – Manchester; RADA Parish office – St. James; Portmore HEART Academy – St. Catherine; and Folly Oval, Port Antonio – Portland. Issued by: The Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries RelatedMinistry of Agriculture & Fisheries to host another series of Farmers’ Market across the country RelatedMinistry of Agriculture & Fisheries to host another series of Farmers’ Market across the country Advertisements AMONG THE RANGE OF CROPS THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE ON SALE ARE THOSE IN GLUT AND NON-GLUT ITEMS, INCLUDING -LETTUCE, CALLALOO, CABBAGE, BANANA, YAM, ORANGE, JACKFRUIT, PUMPKIN, SUGAR CANE AND MANY MORE!!! Starting 6:00a.m to 6:00p.m. at all locations. Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries to host another series of Farmers’ Market across the country AgricultureMarch 2, 2011
Telekom Srbija AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 11 DEC 2015 Telekom Srbija eyes expansion with Albania buy Ex-Telenor Serbia and Montenegro unit attracts bids Serbia’s government is agonising over the sale of Telekom Srbija, with a final decision on the future of the company reportedly due later today (11 December).Six companies placed binding offers for the 58 per cent majority stake in the operator in November, which included a joint offer by Slovenia’s Telekom Slovenije and US private equity fund Apollo, as well as a bid from the Abu Dhabi investment authority, according to Reuters.The biggest offer on the table so far has reportedly been from the US Apollo fund at €1.2 billion, which falls just short of a €1.4 billion government valuation.Serbia’s prime minister Aleksandar Vucic is set to consult with financial adviser Lazard one more time before making a final decision.“I’m doing this because opinions are divided among ministers, it’s not easy to take such a decision,” he’s quoted as saying.Vucic has said in the past the government will not sell the stake unless its valuation is met, and it remains unclear whether ministers are divided about whether to sell at all, or who to sell to.Telekom Austria, which had a failed bid for the company in 2011, and Deutsche Telekom both emerged as interested parties when the sale process began, but have since pulled out of the running.Telekom Srbija owns a majority stake in Bosnia’s Telekom Srpske and also controls Montenegro’s M:Tel.According to GSMA Intelligence, the company has 4.8 million mobile connections, almost half of all overall connections in the country. Kavit Majithia Minister rules out Telekom Srbija sale in 2019 Related Previous ArticlePakistan’s regulator to replace Zong’s 3G spectrum this monthNext ArticleFrench minister sounds flexible note on Orange-Bouygues bid Home Government divided over Telekom Srbija sale – report Tags Kavit joined Mobile World Live in May 2015 as Content Editor. He started his journalism career at the Press Association before joining Euromoney’s graduate scheme in April 2010. Read More >> Read more Author
Michael Mylonas QC, instructed by Irwin Mitchell, appeared for the claimant. Michael de Navarro QC, instructed by Hempsons, represented the defendant. A winning defendant has been denied full costs in a clinical negligence case after crucial evidence which killed the claim emerged on the third day of trial. The Honourable Mrs Justice Lambert DBE said the defendant in Harrap v Brighton & Sussex University Hospital NHS Trust omitted important details from written witness evidence submitted in December 2017.Instead, the case continued to trial in March this year, but the claim was discontinued after new evidence emerged for the first time during cross-examination of a defendant witness. The evidence amounted to a change of circumstances and claimant lawyers accepted it was fatal to their case.#*#*Show Fullscreen*#*# Justice LambertThe defendant argued that the usual costs order should follow the discontinuance of a claim and said the claimant’s case was always ‘doomed to failure’. Any effort to claw back costs based on the conduct of litigation was ‘ingenious’ but ‘merely a smokescreen’ to mask the breakdown of the claim.But claimant lawyers argued the change in circumstances was due to the failure to set out the full story in the witness statement, with evidence emerging at trial being ‘wholly new’.The judge refused to accept the claim was doomed to failure and concluded the change of circumstances was a consequence of what came out at trial. ‘The new evidence had a direct bearing upon the claimant’s case and its effect was to shut down the claim on factual causation.’The judge said omission of details in the witness statement was unreasonable and that no explanation had been provided.The claimant was ordered to bear the costs up to December 2017, with no order for costs thereafter.